My Year Of Shakespeare Shakepeare

My personal journey into the world of William Shakespeare

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I have always been aware that there was this dude named Shakespeare and that he influenced, well, everything. It seemed like a good time to read up on him and read what he wrote.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

And she was.....

In my newly neverending search to find the Shakepeare translator; The device that will translate whatever is said into Shakespearean (Elizabethan) english; I have found something that has already given me several moments of pleasure, so far...
RhymeZone Shakespeare Search lets you type in any phrase or word an it will tell you which place(s) it was written by Will.
I entered the phrase "and she was" thinking of the Talking Heads song, "And She Was" and I got
and she was
wean'd,-i never shall forget it,- Romeo and Juliet: I, iii
She turn'd to folly, and she was a whore. Othello: V, ii,
You try it, go to RhymeZone and enter it or another of your favorite phrases.
(Ok, yes, "breasts" occurs 10 times but it was purely for scientific reasons). Sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

Purely scientific? I know you better than that :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Huy said...

In my newly neverending search to find the Shakepeare translator; The device that will translate whatever is said into Shakespearean (Elizabethan) english; I have found something that has already given me several moments of pleasure, so far...


Makes me wonder just how often people conceive children with someone other than whom they think they are conceiving them with? to be continued....if and when I discover more shenanigans afoot. :)

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home