My Year Of Shakespeare Shakepeare

My personal journey into the world of William Shakespeare

Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I have always been aware that there was this dude named Shakespeare and that he influenced, well, everything. It seemed like a good time to read up on him and read what he wrote.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ring around a rosie

"Ring around a rosie, a pocket full of posies. Ashes, ashes, we all fall down." OK, the urban legend about this nursery rhyme has apparently been debunked. Either way, at my book store the only things that I worry will affect my business are the weather, the Vikings game, or the Twins, and if Halloween falls on a weeknight. But Shakespeare had the Black Death to consider. An outbreak of the plague could really keep the theatre goers at home, or worse dead. Its hard to imagine London during a time of horrible groaning, dying..aargh.,just stop it. I hate having such a vivid imagination (sometimes). Regardless, 'ol Willie certainly managed to write a lot of plays during this time. I guess he had a very good immune system. I wonder if he was a Vegan? I'm sure i'll find out in my readings. At least he didn't have to worry about catching the flu from bottled water.(thanks abbytaylor).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home